Composition I - English 1101
What can I hope to learn in English 1101?
Over the course of the semester, you will:
- employ writing process strategies for invention, arrangement, and revision.
- identify the audience, purpose, and context for their writing.
- develop a thesis and construct an argument.
- quote, paraphrase and summarize.
- practice multiple types of writing, e.g., journal, free writes, responses, reflections.
- develop analytical reading and writing skills.
- compose print and non-print texts.
- understand plagiarism and copyright issues.
- employ editing and proofreading strategies.
- demonstrate basic research skills.
Which professors are teaching English 1101 Summer Session 2017?
Summer Session 2017 - June 1 - July 27
Click on their name to read their faculty bio and to find their contact information.