Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
Do you aspire to be an integral part of the healthcare field? With the increase in the nation’s aging population, along with the implementation of ICD-10, there is an added demand for medical billing and coding professionals. Through their work creating detailed billing records and efficiently coded invoices, these specialists ensure the business side of health care does not obstruct the vital medical care that patients need. Without the contributions of the billing and coding specialists, neither doctors nor insurance companies could properly provide their services to patients.
Our program is partnered with the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) – a gold standard organization – which will benefit individuals looking to enter this rapidly growing field.
A skills assessment and application is required.
- Serve as the communication liaison between physician offices, patients, and insurance companies
- Translate and assign universally recognized codes to patient illnesses, injuries, and medical procedures
- ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding guidelines and conventions
- Outpatient and physician office and HCPCS level II index coding
- CPT coding with emphasis on evaluation and management
- Anesthesia, surgery, radiology, pathology and laboratory, and medicine coding
This three-month, 100-hour certificate program will assist you in preparing for the American Academy of Professional Coders Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam and the National Healthcareer Association Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) exam.
Peggy Jones “I found a way I could change my career and get into something new. I did it! I hung in there and made it through Medical Billing and Coding. I’m ready for my career change.”
— Peggy Jones, graduate
- Physician offices
- Insurance companies
- Large coding outsourcing companies
- Interest-free payment plans available on a case-by-case basis
- VA Education Benefits
- WIOA funding
- Continuing education loans
For 20 years, Shannon McCune has been a Registered Nurse, working in oncology, cancer research, bone marrow transplantation, and as a school nurse. To further her knowledge of fitness to not only... read more→
You asked. We listened — and took action. Two of our healthcare programs have now expanded to incorporate daytime classes: Certified Nursing Assistant and Pharmacy Technician. Elizabeth Tanner,... read more→
A desire to help others in need is what Rocio Colon and Mary Groover have in common. Both women, desiring a career in healthcare, were excited to learn about the CNA program in our catalog, “The... read more→
— Employment of medical billers and coders is projected to grow 22% through 2022 due to an increased use of electronic medical records (Bureau of Labor Statistics).