In the Center
Individual Help with Writing In the Center
The KSU Writing Center provides one-on-one writing help in any subject, at any level, and at any stage of the writing process. Graduate students, honors students, and even faculty members frequent the Center along with students new to the demands of college writing and majors in every discipline.
Helping you become a better writer means we focus first on the global aspects of writing: topic development, thesis construction, organization, etc. We then can help you learn to edit and proofread your work successfully.
How to Prepare for Your Session
- Make an appointment by selecting a date and time on a row for your preferred campus on our Appointment Calendar. (You will need to register with your NetID and password the first time you log in to the Calendar.)
- Bring your assignment guidelines and, if you have started writing, a printed copy of your draft.
- Expect to spend 30 - 50 minutes discussing your writing and writing process with a friendly, knowledgeable writing assistant.
- If you are working on a group project, your writing assistant can discuss any sections you wrote, but all group members must be present to discuss the entire project. The greatest improvement in these projects occurs when the entire group is involved.
Additional Information for Writing Center Sessions
- If no appointments are available, you are welcome to come to the Center to wait for a walk-in session. We see walk-ins as quickly as possible, though appointments do have priority.
- So that we are able to help as many students as possible, students are limited to one session per day and three sessions per week.
- Same-day appointments cannot be made via the Appointment Calendar after 12 AM.
- If you are more than ten minutes late and do not contact us, your appointment time may be given to another student.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please cancel one day in advance via the Appointment Calendar. If you must cancel on the day of your appointment, call the KSU Writing Center at (470) 578-6380 (Kennesaw campus) or (470) 578-5005 (Marietta campus).
- Missing three or more appointments without prior cancellation prohibits you from making appointments for the remainder of the semester.