Internship Admission Criteria
- Students must complete ALL COURSE WORK prior to beginning the capstone internship experience (includes any physical activity courses).
- Students must have an Institutional GPA of 2.75.
- Student must receive a positive recommendation from the Internship Coordinator.
- Students must receive a positive recommendation from their practicum site supervisor (90 hour experience).
Internship Course Application Process
Once an internship site has been selected, students must submit a completed Internship Application which requires the following:
Online application must be completed and submitted through the above link. Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Number of credit hours you are pursuing
- Exact start date
- Job Description
- Physical address where you will be working
- Supervisor’s full name and email address
All communication regarding your application will be sent to your KSU student email address.
Application due dates are posted at the above application link.
Failure to submit a completed application by the due date will result in the inability to register for SM 4950.
Liability insurance is included as a $16 course fee for all students who enroll in SM 4950. Coverage is effective for the term in which you are enrolled.
Internship Registration Process
Once an application has been approved, course registration will be opened for the student. Notification and instructions will be sent to the student’s KSU student email address.
It is the responsibility of the student to officially ADD the specific internship course during early registration through Owl Express. Here are important points regarding course registration:
- Owl Express will show the course (SM 4950) as CLOSED. Students approved to register for internship will simply ADD the CRN for their specific course to their registration worksheet. An override will be provided to allow students to register for the “CLOSED” course.
- Students who interns at a location that is more than 50 miles from the KSU campus will be eligible for a waiver of certain institutional fees. This is a University System of Georgia Board of Regents Policy ( 22.214.171.124) and cannot be waived or amended by the Department of ESSM or KSU. You should notify the Director of Internships to receive more details if you believe you may qualify.
- It is imperative to understand; students must complete the application and course registration process during early registration.