Curriculum Committee Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
When should a Change to Program Proposal be submitted?
Please submit a change to program proposal when:
- Adding a new course to any area of the program of study
- Removing an existing course from the program of study without discontinuing the course
- Making changes to the total credit hours of a course which in turn changes the total credit hours of a section of a program
- Discontinuation of a course currently listed in a program of study
- Moving a course from one section of a a program of study to another section
- Any revision of the program academic policies or revision of program requirements
When is a Change to Program Proposal unnecessary?
No Change to Program Proposal form is needed when:
- Making changes to existing courses, including prefix, number, title, prerequisites/corequisites, or course description provided that the proposed changes do not change the course's location within the program of study
- Creating new courses that will not be listed explicitly in the program of study, such as an elective