Peer Mentor Training
The Odyssey Peer Mentoring Program offers mentor training for students to become proficient in mentorship and personal development coaching. In order for mentors to be assigned a mentee, mentors need to take basic training, Mentoring 101: General Overview and one elective training session.
Mentoring 101: General Overview
Students will learn the basics of a successful mentoring experience.
- To educate new peer mentors on their role and responsibilities
- To provide information that will assist peer mentors on how to work effectively with their mentees
- To present an overview of the University, academic policies, and procedures
- To provide peer mentors with a working definition of mentoring
- To teach peer mentors how and when to refer mentees for additional or specialized help
- To instruct peer mentors in the use and location of resource materials
- To demonstrate proper recordkeeping procedures