Staff Senate Officers - FY18
Immediate Past ChairKathy Rechsteiner470-578-3607
Budget & Finance
Develop a yearly budget for the Staff Senate to be approved.
- Jessi Jones (Chair)
- Tara Adams
- Rita Alwan
- Lisa Bauer
- Ed Bonza
- Angela Evans
- Vickie Moody
- Coordinate and provide information to staff members concerning Staff Senate initiatives using available communications methods.
- Maintain Staff Senate web page and social media sites.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to provide information to new staff members.
- Develop and maintain the Staff Senate brochure(s).
- Maintain and coordinate Digital Signage material.
- Coordinate approval for the use of the Kennesaw State University logo on materials.
- Levi Sexton (Chair)
- Connie Allen
- Andy Altizer
- Sara Blunk
- Aisha Cheeks
- Nicole Phillips
- Tiffani Reardon
- Joshua Tijerina
- Sandra Walton
Nominations & Elections
- Electing Officers
- Prepares a list of officer candidates from Staff Senate Members in good standing and distributes the list to the Staff Senate Members.
- Collects the nominations from Staff Senate Members and presents nominations at the regular May meeting.
- Collects and tallies votes at the regular June meeting.
- Electing Members
- Ensures fair and equitable representation across applicable IPEDS groups.
- The committee Chair requests a report from Human Resources of all full-time classified staff members by IPEDS groups.
- The committee Chair prepares the Call for Nominations (an email that includes the directions to nominate from the appropriate attached IPEDS group report).
- The committee prepares the ballot of eligible nominees.
- Elections shall be by email or with the assistance of the UITS Department.
- The committee provides the results to the Staff Senate Chair, who communicates the results to the University President, campus, and newly elected Staff Senate Members.
- Electing Officers
Policy & Procedure
- Review, research, and inform Staff Senate on issues pending executive or legislative action that may affect all staff members.
- Address issues relative to collective staff concerns which may result in resolutions (outside of grievance issues, which are addressed by university policy).
- Provide an annual review of all University policies and procedures affecting staff including, but not limited to, benefits, parking, safety, staff development and training.
- Research issues and recommend actions concerning the health, welfare, and benefits of all staff members.
- Kevin Williams (Chair)
- Chris Beam
- Jeffrey Bernard
- Christopher Gaydon
- Jeffrey Hiett
- Jeannine Jones
- Connie Lane
- Ashley Richardson
Staff Development & Recognition
- Select a Staff Member of the Month Award recipient from the nominees submitted for the current month.
- If no nominees are received for the current month, select a winner from the list of candidates received in the prior month(s).
- The committee Chair provides a list of winners from the year to the appropriate department for consideration of Employee of the Year award.
- Research and communicate educational and professional development opportunities to all staff members.
- Amy Gay (Chair)
- Katherine Bass
- Ron Bullock
- Jonathan Coker
- Jennifer Dawkins
- Bonnie Folker
- Kevin Gecowetz
- Christy Hendricks
- Lyndon Pitman
- Reviews the current Bylaws of the organization.
- Drafts amendments.
- Reviews and submits recommendations for proposed amendments to the Bylaws as directed by the Executive Committee.
- Christine Bryant (Chair)
- Bill Bradshaw
- Atul Joshi
- Lois Leahy
- Ashley McClure
- Robert Milam
- Ted Stafford
- David Tatu