Kardio Across Kennesaw
Kardio Across Kennesaw is a free, 6-week program designed to increase physical activity among Kennesaw State University students, faculty, and staff members in a fun, community-oriented way!
The program begins on September 11th with our 80's Step Aerobics Night! For 6 weeks, you will track and report your steps to reach your personal goals, strive to reach the program goal, or compete for the most steps!
80s step aerobics RegistrationStep Leaderboard - Week One
Dusty Jackson 122,080
Alison Hedrick 83,005
Robert Bice 80,000
Top 2 Teams:
REC ON DEC
54% of participants reported this program motivated me to take extra steps throughout the week.
Participants also reported:
- I started a daily exercise routine. - C.C.
- Motivates me to get up and move - RK
How to Participate
Participate as an individual or create a team! Within your team, you can challenge your friends and see who comes out on top! Register here!
Participants will use the Kardio Across Kennesaw walking log to record weekly steps. A link will be sent to your KSU email account each Sunday. Steps must be entered by 12:00PM every Monday.
View your progress on the program leaderboards each week!
Program begins on September 11 (start of Week 1)
Week 1 steps must be entered by 12PM on Monday, September 18
Week 2 steps must be entered by 12PM on Monday, September 25
Week 3 steps must be entered by 12PM on Monday, October 2
Week 4 steps must be entered by 12PM on Monday, October 9
Week 5 steps must be entered by 12PM on Monday, October 16
Week 6 steps must be entered by 12PM on Monday, October 23
Participants who track and record their weekly steps by the deadline for at least five of the six weeks will be awarded a prize!
KSU's Department of Sports and Recreation OwlFit Program sponsors this program. It is designed to help participants:
- Have a positive experience involving physical activity
- Participate in OwlFit Group Exercise classes to reach daily step goals
- Get more physically fit
- Learn to incorporate regular physical activity into daily activities
- Get support from the OwlFit professionals, fellow group exercise participants, and your team
- Have fun!
OwlFit Group Exercise will help you reach your goals! Regularly attend group exercise classes to:
- Accumulate class steps from ALL class formats
- Stay motivated to adhere to the program
- Make friends and have fun while staying healthy
Find the complete schedule of weekly group exercise classes here.
Don't have a Sports and Recreation membership to attend classes? Get a daily guest pass or become a member!
Participant progress will be managed through a series of Google Docs to track weekly steps. As participants accumulate steps, they may check their progress on the program-wide leaderboard, which will be updated weekly
Kardio Across Kennesaw is challenging participants with a weekly goal of 39,600 steps. This is the equivalent of about 5,700 steps each day or 3-4 days of 7,000 to 10,000 steps. If you follow this plan each week, you'll have walked at least 100 miles throughout the program!
Here are the weekly goals:
Week 1 - 33,000 steps and/or 16.5 miles (cumulative)
Week 2 - 66,000 steps and/or 33 miles (weeks 1-2)
Week 3 - 99,000 steps and/or 49.5 miles (weeks 1-3)
Week 4 - 132,000 steps and/or 66 miles (weeks 1-4)
Week 5 - 165,000 steps and/or 82.5 miles (weeks 1-5)
Week 6 - 200,000 steps and/or 100 miles (weeks 1-6)
Tips to help you reach your goals
- Try a group exercise class! We have a variety of fun, challenging group exercise classes to keep you moving. Check the Department of Sports and Recreation group exercise schedule for more details.
- Check out the Health Promotion and Wellness website for great physical activity resources
- Explore the outdoor track and the beautiful Sports and Recreation Park for a picturesque walk by yourself or with a buddy.
- Form a walking group at a time that works for you.
- Pair up with a buddy to help motivate and encourage you.
- For a different and fun change of scenery utilize one of the many area parks in the city of Kennesaw.