The mission of the Office of Procurement and Contracting (OPC) is to facilitate the procurement of the highest quality goods and services, at the best possible value, to support the University’s objectives in achieving excellence in education, engagement, and innovation. Delivering authentic customer service, at all times, is a key element of everything we do.
Our vision is to create genuine and constructive partnerships with KSU divisions and departments, to strategically source and proactively build a best-in-class procurement resource, fostering effective competition, nurturing confidence in the procedures followed, and achieving sustainable value.
Our responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Guide and support the University’s procurement and contracting efforts.
- Administer the PeopleSoft Financials e-Procurement (ePro) system.
- Administer the Purchasing Card (P-Card) program.
- Oversee supplier relations for business opportunities with the University.
- Monitor internal controls of purchasing transactions to ensure compliance with all purchasing policies of the State of Georgia, Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia, and the University.