The Initiative and Policy Direction on Conflict Resolution
In the summer of 1994, the Georgia Board of Regents convened a Blue Ribbon committee comprised of ADR champions from individual institutions. The committee was charged with determining the best way to integrate alternative dispute resolution into the University System of Georgia. In the spring of 1995, the committee recommended the adoption of the first university system-wide ADR initiative in the country: The Georgia Board of Regents’ Initiative and Policy Direction on Conflict Resolution.
For more on the Initiative, please visit the following:
- the Goals of the Initiative
- the Guiding Principles of the Initiative
- Six Steps for Implementing the Initiative
- a graphical System Design of the Initiative
- and Lessons Learned from institutionalizing conflict resolution.
We also include a History of ADR achievements in Higher Education.