The mission of the Internal Audit Department is to provide independent, objective audits and consulting services designed to add value and improve KSU’s operations. It helps KSU accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The scope of work of the Internal Audit Department is to determine whether the University’s network of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning in a manner to ensure:
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- Interaction with the various governance groups occurs as needed.
- Significant financial, managerial, and operational information is accurate, reliable, and timely.
- Employees’ actions are in compliance with policies, standards, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, and adequately protected.
- Programs, plans, and objectives are achieved.
- Quality and continuous improvement are fostered in the University’s control processes.
- Significant legislative or regulatory issues impacting the University are recognized and addressed properly.