Name and Objectives
1. The name of this organization shall be the Columbus State University Staff Council.
2. The objectives of the Staff Council shall be as follows:
- Act as liaison between the Columbus State University Staff and the President of the College in all relevant matters;
- Promote good will in all areas on our campus;
- Keep abreast of matters affecting the Staff of Columbus State University and to have a voice in these matters;
1. The Staff Council shall consist of representatives who are full-time Staff members at Columbus State University. The representatives shall be elected as described in the Bylaws.
2. All Staff personnel, as described in Article II, paragraph1, have the right to run for a Council seat and to participate in the activities of the Staff Council.
3. In the event a seat is vacated, the Chair shall appoint a representative from the unit, to be approved by the Executive Board of the Council, to ensure full representation from each unit of the University. This appointee shall serve until the regular election of representatives in June.
4. Regular members who have three (3) consecutive unexcused absences or six (6) unexcused absences total throughout the year will be replaced.
1. The Staff Council shall consist of a Chair, Chair-Elect, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, and Financial Officer.
2. The Executive Board shall consist of the Chair, Chair-Elect, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, and Financial Officer.
3. Any member of the Council shall be eligible for election to any office except the office of Chair. The office of Chair shall be assumed automatically by the previous year's Chair-Elect.
1. Regular Meetings of the Staff Council shall be held monthly, at the day and time stated in the Bylaws.
2. Special Meetings of the Staff Council may be called by the Chair. Five (5) working days notice shall be given of any special meeting except in an emergency. Only business specified in the call of the special meeting may be conducted at such a meeting.
3. Meetings of the Staff Council shall be open to all staff members. Nonmembers of the Staff Council may be granted the right to speak, but not to vote, on matters before the Staff Council.
4. The regular meetings of the Executive Board shall be held monthly, at the day and time stated in the Bylaws.
5. The minutes of each meeting shall be available to all staff members and others as deemed necessary by the Executive Board.
1. Since this is an advisory body and a legitimate function of Columbus State University, there shall be no membership dues.
Amendments and ByLaws
1. Amendments to this Charter must be submitted to the Staff Council in writing. Amendments must be approved by two-thirds of the members present. Amendments approved by the Council shall be submitted to the Staff members for approval. Amendments must be approved by a simple majority of those staff members voting. (Amendments approved shall be submitted to the President of Columbus State University for approval.)
2. The Charter must be accepted by two-thirds of the current Staff Representatives voting and then submitted to the Columbus State University staff for ratification. A simple majority vote constitutes ratification. Should ratification fail, the Charter shall be returned to the Council for revision. The Charter shall be transmitted to the President of Columbus State University for his approval.
3. Bylaws of the Council may be adopted at any regular meeting by a majority vote, provided that previous notice was given. After the Bylaws have been adopted, they shall be amended only in accordance with provisions set forth in the Bylaws themselves.