Frank D. Brown Book Scholarship
The Staff Development and Scholarship Committee shall award up to 3 scholarships per academic year to qualified Columbus State University employees. The scholarship is funded by Staff Council sponsored activities and is awarded based on available funding. The Book Scholarship is an award of up to $300.00, which is given in $150.00 increments in two separate semesters within a four semester period (including summer semesters).
The requirements to apply for this award are as follows:
- Be a regular, benefits-eligible employee of Columbus State University, employed for a minimum of six months.
- Must have completed two semesters of course work, within the field of study for the degree, at an accredited institution
- Must have and maintain an overall cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Be enrolled in at least one course within the field of study at an accredited institution in the semester that the scholarship is requested.
Criteria for awarding scholarships will be based on a written essay of 250 - 500 words describing why the applicant should receive the scholarship, financial need, goal(s) for school, and current the minimum GPA.
All applications should be submitted to the Staff Development & Scholarship Committee, along with the essay and a current official/ unofficial transcript, no later than the deadline established by the committee. This date shall be no later than two weeks prior to the first day of the fall or spring semester. Once selection has been made, the committee shall notify the recipients in writing and provide, a copy to the Financial Officer of the Staff Council.
Upon proof of registration to the Financial Officer, the Financial Officer shall forward a memo to the Business Office requesting a semester check be issued from the Staff Council Book Scholarship fund.
- The Scholarship Application is in PDF format. You must have the current version of Adobe Acrobat installed to view this document. To install a FREE copy of Acrobat, click the icon below and follow the directions carefully.
Adobe Get Reader
- Print and complete the Scholarship Application.
- Campus mail the completed form and all required supporting documents to Amber Dees, Richards 313.