Green to Gold Active DutyEARN A DEGREE AND COMMISSION SERVING YOUR COUNTRY
The deadline for submission of Green to Gold ADO and Scholarship Applications will be determined upon opening of the application window.
The Green to Gold Active Duty Option Program is a two-year program that provides eligible, Active Duty enlisted Soldiers an opportunity to complete a baccalaureate degree or a two-year graduate degree and earn a commission as an Army Officer.
For assistance in the application process, click the U.S. Army Green to Gold Active Duty Option Program Information Booklet. The booklet provides detailed information about the program. It also has a checklist that explains what information is required, sample documents, and waiver request that can help to submit a complete packet.
- Soldiers selected to participate in this program will continue to receive their current pay and allowances while in the program (up to a maximum of 24 consecutive months).
- If qualified, Montgomery G.I. Bill / Army College Fund (MGIB/ACF) benefits
- Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Normal PCS entitlements
- Leadership training
- Responsibility and Practical Experience
- Mentorship of the PMS/APMS
- U.S. Citizen (non-waiverable)
- Age - Be under 30 years of age on the date of the projected graduation and commission. (waivers can be requested)
- Cannot have been convicted of a Domestic Violence Crime
- Have a minimum of 2 years Active Duty at the time of application as well as 3 months of Active Duty for every one month of specialized training (waiver can be requested)
- GT score of 110 or greater
- Pass the APFT within the last 6 months with score of 180 or higher, minimum of 60 points in each event
- College Grade Point Average of 2.5
- Letter of Acceptance to School of Choice offering Army ROTC
- Letter of Acceptance from the PMS of that Army ROTC Battalion
- Favorable National Agency Check (or have initiated the action)
- DODMERB Medical Qualification
- Be eligible to Reenlist
- Not be a conscientious objector
- No more than 3 dependents including spouse (waiverable)
GREEN TO GOLD ACTIVE DUTY OPTION PROGRAM APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THEY ARE REQUESTING ADMISSION TO THEIR SCHOOL OF CHOICE TO BEGIN IN THE FALL SEMESTER.