Columbus State University

Page Content

Residential Accomodations

Residence Life

Residential Accommodations

In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), Columbus State University will provide residential accommodations to students with a documented medical or psychological disability. Students may request an accommodation by contacting:

Mrs. Joy Norman, M.S., NCC
Director, Center of Accommodation and Access

Documentation should be current and should consist of an evaluation by an appropriate physician or mental health provider that describes the current functional impact of the disability or impairment as it relates to the requested accommodation.

Service and Emotional Support Animal Procedures

Students in housing are not required to provide documentation for a service animal, but are asked to provide prior notice to the Center of Accommodation and Access.

Contact should be made with the Director of the Center of Accommodation and Access in order for an emotional support animal to be permitted in University Housing. Documentation that meets the criteria set by Columbus State University and the University System of Georgia will be required. The deadlines are as follows:
  • Fall Semester- August 1
  • Spring Semester- January 1
  • Summer Semester- May 1

For detailed information, review the Service and Emotional Support Animal Procedures.

CSU Emotional Support Animal Application

Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.