It's almost time for you to graduate!
Here are necessary steps undergraduate students should take to prepare for commencement:
- Apply online in MyCSU (Student Page, Student Records) by the last day of final exams of the semester before you hope to graduate.
- Review your Degree Works. See your advisor to have an Adjustment Form completed for any changes that need to be made.
More important information undergraduates should know:
- Be aware that a handwritten degree progress sheet maintained by your academic department may not truly reflect your status. The Office of the Registrar uses Degree Works for verification of degree requirements.
- If you have core requirements (Areas A-E) that are not satisfied on your Degree Works, you may need to petition the Academic Standards Committee for approval to use any courses not already appearing in those areas. See your advisor to obtain the petition form.
- Be sure to look at the non-course requirement section of your Degree Works.
- Clear up any fines or holds on your account with the Bursar's Office before graduation.
- Graduation regalia — cap, gown and hood — are required to participate in commencement.
- If you have used federal student aid to help finance your education, you will be required to complete exit counseling with Financial Aid.
- Only diploma covers will be handed out at commencement. Diplomas will be mailed about six weeks later.
- Honors announced at commencement will be based on GPA calculated the semester before the graduation semester. True honors will be reflected on the diploma and transcripts after the final semester.
- Grade change requests for incomplete grades must be submitted before the end of your graduation term.
- Summer graduates participate in fall commencement.