Bachelor of Science in Nursing
RN to BSN
College of Education and Health Professions
School of Nursing
- Program Description
- Admission Requirements
- Learning Outcomes
- Additional Program Requirements
- Program of Study
- 4 Year Course Schedule
Program DescriptionThis program is designed for the registered nurse to complete a degree conveniently and efficiently while continuing a career.
- For Registered Nurses seeking a BSN degree
- 12 month program
- May enter program year round
- Small, interactive classes offered in 7 week sessions
- 100% didactic portion online
- Community clinicals in your geographical area
- Dedicated RN student faculty advisor
- Core and nursing pre-requisite courses (63 hours), Nursing 60 hours, however (32 credits are awarded once successful completion of NURS 3191 and completing 6.67 credits of nursing courses).
- No commuting to campus
- 100% employment rate for graduates
- Asynchronous classes
- Highly qualified faculty members with various nursing backgrounds who facilitate learning
- The Bachelor of Science in nursing program has full approval from the Georgia Board of Nursing and is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Ranked among the top regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report with special recognition of its online programs in the College of Education and Health Professions
More Info About RN to BSN Online
Career OpportunitiesThis program is designed for the registered nurse to complete a degree conveniently and efficiently while continuing a career.
- Admission to Columbus State University. All transcripts must be sent to Columbus State University's Office of Admissions.
- Hold a valid nursing license.
- Earn the minimum nursing grade point average (GPA) (2.5 based on a 4.0 scale). Calculated on pre-requisite courses required for the nursing degree.
- A grade of C or better in all required science courses and labs.
- Exclusion from other nursing programs may prohibit your admission.
Learning OutcomesGraduates of the CSU BSN Program will:
- provide safe, patient centered care in a variety of settings
- communicate and collaborate with members of the interdisciplinary health care team in a professional and effective manner, through verbal, non-verbal, written and electronic means to improve patient outcomes and teamwork
- apply the quality improvement process to ensure patient safety and to meet desired clinical outcomes
- use sound evidence to make appropriate clinical decisions about health care
- integrate information technology into nursing practice in a variety of settings
- function as a leader within the nursing roles to include provider of care, manager of care, and member of the profession
Additional Program RequirementsA BSN degree is awarded on completion of course work and fulfillment of candidacy requirements.
Program Of Study
Area B Institutional Options Required Hours: 4
Select one of the following courses:
Select one of the following courses:
Any Area C-E course with a study abroad component.
Note: the extra hour(s) will not be used as part of the Nursing (BSN) core. The Nursing (BSN) program only requires 4 credit hours in Area B.
Area C Humanities/Fine Arts/Ethics Required Hours: 6
Select one of the following humanities courses:
Area D Science/Math/Technology Required Hours: 11
CHEM 1151/1151L and CHEM 1152/1152L OR BIOL 1215K and BIOL 1225K OR PHYS 1111 with PHYS 1311 Lab and PHYS 1112 with PHYS 1312 Lab
Select one of the following courses or an Area D science course:
Area E Social Sciences Required Hours: 12
Select one course from the following two courses:
HIST 2111 HIST 2112
Take the following course:
Select one behavioral science course from the following courses:
Select one world cultures course from the following courses:
Wellness Requirement Required Hours: 3
Area F Courses Related to Major Required Hours: 18
BIOL 2221 Human Anatomy and Physiology I BIOL 2222 Human Anatomy and Physiology II BIOL 2225 Microbiology for Health Sciences PSYC 1101 Intro to General Psychology STAT 1127 Introductory Statistics
Area G Program Requirements Required Hours: 60
Total hours Required: 124