Bachelor of Business Administration
General Business - International Business Track
Turner College of Business
Department of Management and Marketing
- Program Description
- Admission Requirements
- Learning Outcomes
- Additional Program Requirements
- Program of Study
- 4 Year Course Schedule
The BBA in General Business - International Business (IB) track provides students with the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary for a successful career in the global business environment. Students in international business study the business practices of other nations and learn about the international aspects of finance, management, marketing, cultural and legal issues, and logistics. The IB program is unique in that it combines preparation in business administration with foreign language training, area studies, and a meaningful overseas work or study experience.
International Business graduates can pursue opportunities for employment by multinational corporations, businesses involved in foreign trade, government/public institutions, and international nonprofit organizations. Examples of job positions include:
- Foreign Trade Consultant/Specialist
- Global Sourcing Specialist
- Human Resources Specialist
- Import/Export Administrator/Specialist
- International Account Representative
- International Business Development Manager
- International Financial Analyst
- International Marketing Specialist
- International Product/Brand Manager
- International Purchasing Agent
Admission RequirementsThere are no program specific admission requirements.
Students receiving a BBA degree from the Turner College of Business will:
- demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving and decision-making in a business context.
- demonstrate knowledge of key business disciplines and concepts.
- recognize and analyze ethical issues in a business context.
- demonstrate knowledge of global business concepts and cultural diversity in a business context.
- communicate effectively in a business context.
- demonstrate proficiency in using information technology in a business context.
Upon completion of the General Business – International Track degree program, graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of cultural risk in international business.
- identify elements related to understanding the global forces shaping our world in historical socio-economic and political contexts.
- explain the international dimensions of business functions, including marketing, finance, management, operations, and entrepreneurship.
- identify the strategies of international business and foreign market opportunity assessment.
Additional Program Requirements
All students must earn C or better in Area F, C average in Area G, C or better in Area H, and a C average in Area I business electives.
Program of Study
Area B Institutional Options Required Hours: 4-5
Select two of the following courses (Foreign Language Recommended):
Select one of the following courses:
Any Area C-E course with a study abroad component.
Note: the extra hour may be used as an elective.
Area C Humanities/Fine Arts/Ethics Required Hours: 6
Select one of the following humanities courses:
Area D Science/Math/Technology Required Hours: 10-11
Select two science courses from the list below, one of which must include a lab.
Select one of the following courses or a science course from above:
Area E Social Sciences Required Hours: 12
Select one course from the following two courses:
HIST 2111 HIST 2112
Take the following course:
Select one behavioral science course from the following courses:
Select one world cultures course from the following courses:
Wellness Requirement Required Hours: 3
Area F Courses Related to Major Required Hours: 18
A grade of "C" or better is required for each course in Area F. Students will not be allowed to take Area G courses until this requirement is met.
Area G BBA Core Required Hours: 27
A minimum 2.0 grade point average is required for Area G.
(C or better required in your major’s prerequisite course, BUSA 3135, and BUSA 4185)
Select the following course:
BUSA 3126 Business Law
Area H Major Course Requirements Required Hours: 21
A minimum grade of "C" is required in each of the following courses:
Select FINC3156 or MISM/MKTG3118
Area I General Electives Required Hours: 12
A minimum 2.0 grade point average is required for Area I business electives.
BUSA3555, Upper Division Business Elective, Foreign Language(Non Business Elective), Foreign Language 2xxx or above
Total Hours Required: 123