Imagine... an opportunity to take college-level classes free from boring and unreadable textbooks.
Imagine... an opportunity to take college-level classes that focus upon the greatest, most interesting, most relevant, and most compelling books ever written.
Imagine... an opportunity to take college-level classes in small, personalized groups in the most beautiful hilltop town in Montepulciano, Italy!
Great Books students Great Books Cohort
The Great Books program is a select cohort within the University Honors Program. The cohort is limited to twenty (20) students who are chosen by the Great Books Steering Committee. Students must review the expectations below and if interested make formal application by the posted deadline.
- Be fully accepted as a traditional first-year student at KSU.
- Qualify for the University Honors Program and be invited to the program.
- Must accept admission to the KSU Honors Program and be advised by the Honors Program.
- Review all the criteria and eligibility to participate in the Great Books cohort.
- Submit a Great Books application by the posted deadline.
- Must enroll in specified Great Books Honors cohort classes in Fall and Spring semester and study abroad travel with the Great Books cohort to Montepulciano, Italy in Summer term.
- University Honors Program requirements of one Honors Learning Experience per semester are reduced for students who complete the Great Books cohort to one per academic year for sophomore, junior and senior years. Note that completion of an approved Honors capstone is a requirement for all students who plan to graduate as an Honors Scholar.
- Students are responsible for study abroad program costs not covered by KSU's Global Learning Scholarship, available to all students who complete the application. Students in the Great Books cohort with financial need may also apply for the Hyman and Shore scholarships that are specifically targeted for students planning to participate in this study abroad experience.