The Graduate College
Dean Dr. Mike Dishman, Dean of The Graduate College would like to welcome you to Kennesaw State University.
The Graduate College oversees and advances the University’s graduate mission, establishing and maintaining institutional standards for graduate program quality while advancing the University’s graduate enterprise. It leads and oversees all aspects of the University’s post-baccalaureate endeavors, such as the University’s graduate programs, faculty, and students.
- promoting excellence in graduate teaching, research/creative activity, and professional growth
- overseeing and ensuring the development and implementation of sound educational planning, policies, procedures and standards for all graduate programs, including doctoral programs,
- guiding strategic planning for graduate programs,
- promoting the accomplishments of KSU's Graduate Faculty and students and advocating for graduate education to both internal and external constituents.
The Graduate College's responsibilities specifically include:
- reviewing and approving students for admission to graduate programs (see Office of Graduate Admissions)
- establishing and ensuring University standards for graduate instruction
- reviewing, approving admission to, and supporting the University’s Graduate Faculty, as well as granting permission to teach graduate courses
- reviewing, affirming, or modifying all departmental and college decisions relating to graduate education
- reviewing and approving all University awards of post-baccalaureate credit or credentials (including, but not limited to, certificates and degrees)
- reviewing and approving the institution’s graduate curriculum, policies, and institutional graduate strategy cooperatively with the Graduate Faculty
- fostering the development of new graduate programs
- determining and assigning the University’s graduate student assistantships, including stipends and tuition waivers.