Oops! You don't have Javascript enabled. Some features on this site might not work correctly.

Telephone (VoIP) Fees FAQs

  • Cost allocation includes services to move, repair and program phones as well as maintenance of the network system for the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephone service.

  • Long distance and international calls.

  • Charges vary depending on the location and country called.

  • Long distance and international calls are tracked through a system called Comview. The system tracks calls by phone number, date and minutes used.

  • Any department head may request a detailed phone record as needed. Send a request to Kennesaw State University (KSU) University Information Technology Services (UITS) at service@kennesaw.edu for a readable Microsoft Excel file.

  • The department manager is controlled through the Office of Budget and Planning (OBP). Once a Budget Department Request Form is submitted to OBP the department manager is updated in the PeopleSoft Financials system and will then also update for the telephone fees charged to the department.

  • Customers with an Unified Communication (UC) account have the capability of allowing bigger bridge access. This allows all participants of a conference call to dial into the bridge themselves, then enter the conference ID they wish to join. It would be a local call for campus callers, although other off campus participants may be responsible for their own charges for long distance and international calls.

    • Older PolyCom analog conference phones incur costs based on the department who is assigned the line in that room.
    • Newer VoIP conference phones incur costs based on calls made from that phone. The phone number stays with the phone, not the port it is plugged into. The newer VoIP conference phones also eliminate the need to have a dedicated phone line installed in each conference room, as the VoIP phones will work when plugged into any data jack on campus.
  • The phone can be restricted from making long distance or international calls or both. Contact service@kennesaw.edu to schedule. Phones can also be configured to require a PIN before dialing long distance or international.

  • Send an email to service@kennesaw.edu with the new department head’s name and phone extension.

  • Submit a move phone request by using the UITS Move Request Form located at: http://uits.kennesaw.edu/support/formsim.php

  • Submit a phone request for move by using the UITS Move Request Form located at: http://uits.kennesaw.edu/support/formsim.php

  • Once the phone is removed from the database it will no longer show up on monthly reports. In some cases, it may take a month for it to disappear depending on the date the phone was removed and the date the report was generated.

  • The accounting system used by the University allows for a reserve or set aside of funds known as an encumbrance. This ensures adequate funding is set aside for phone usage. The amount of this encumbrance is released as the actual cost is recorded. If there is a large budgetary change within the department, the encumbrance can be corrected by contacting the Office of Finance and Accounting (OFA) at 470.578.6214.

Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.