Minor in Mechatronics Engineering
This program provides an opportunity for students outside the Department of Mechatronics Engineering to learn robotics and mechatronics courses which add value to their education by obtaining skills that are directly and immediately relevant to employers. The proposed minor program provides an opportunity for Kennesaw State University students to systematically learn robotics and mechatronics courses and enhance their background and abilities to find a job in the engineering field.
Required Courses (12 Credit Hours)
- **MTRE 3710 - Mechatronics Engineering Fundamentals
- MTRE 4001 - Modeling and Feedback Control of Dynamic Systems
- MTRE 4002 - Feedback Control Laboratory
**MTRE 4200 - Robotics Analysis and Synthesis
* EE4201 can be substituted for MTRE4001 & MTRE4002. ME3501 & ME4501 can also be substituted for MTRE4001 & MTRE4002.
**The MTRE 2610 pre-requisite for these courses can be waived for students demonstrating knowledge of MATLAB.
Elective Courses (3-4 Credit Hours)
Select one of the following courses:
- MTRE 2610 - Intermediate Programming for Mechatronics
- MTRE 4010 - Advanced Controls
- MTRE 4100 - Instruments and Controls