Indian American Community Tour
Swaminarayan Temple Throughout the Year of India, KSU students, faculty and staff are invited to participate in local Indian American Community tours. There will be two main stops on the
There is no cost to participate in the community tours, which include a free vegetarian lunch at the Global Mall.
Global Mall Space on the tours is limited. Those interested in participating are encouraged to sign up in advance. The community tour is only open to Kennesaw State University students, faculty, and staff.
*Each member of your group can help the The Lilburn Swaminarayan Temple serve the community by bringing a vegetarian canned food item (no meat, poultry, or fish) during their visit. The items will be donated to Atlanta Community Food Bank.
Guidlines for visiting The Lilburn Swaminarayan Temple
The Lilburn Swaminarayan Temple asks that all visitors pleas adhere to the guidelines below:
- Shorts, skirts, and sleeveless tops are not allowed.
- Photography and videography is not allowed from the podium level and inside the Mandir.
- All visitors must remove their shoes in the shoes drop off area before entering the Mandir. It is recommended that everyone wears socks as the marble inside the Mandir gets cold during the winter.
- Please kindly note, the guided tour includes minimum 30 minutes of walking/standing.
- The structure is made of stone, so we request everyone to be extra careful and use handrails when possible to prevent injuries.
Sign Up for the Community Tour
Use the link below to sign up for the Indian American Community Tour. Participants can choose from the following dates:
- Saturday, September 2nd, 2017 (FULL)
- Saturday, October 7th, 2017 (FULL)
- Saturday November 4th, 2017 (FULL)
- Saturday, February 3rd, 2018 (FULL)
- Saturday, March 3rd, 2018 (FULL)
- Saturday, April 21st, 2018 (FULL)
Vans depart KSU at 9:30 am and return at 2:30 pm.