Departmental Seminars - Fall 2017
The Chemistry and Biochemistry Departmental Seminar Series covers a broad range of fields in the Chemical and Biochemical Sciences. In past seminars, scientists from Academia, Government, and Industry have presented their most recent discoveries and contributions in their respective areas. This Seminar Series offers students and faculty the opportunity to interact directly with other leaders in their specializations and to gain a good overview of the entire range of fields in Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Seminars are held in the Clendenin Building, room 1009 (CL 1009) on the Kennesaw Campus, 12:30 - 1:30pm. All are invited to attend.
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- Dr. Zhen Huang, Georgia State University
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - View event on facebook »
Dr. Ron Hunter, The Coca-Cola Company
- "An Act of Translation: Transferring Your Research Skills into Something Meaningful to Society"
Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - View event on Facebook »
- Panel of students/Post docs, Center for Chemical Evolution at Georgia Institute of Technology
Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - View event on Facebook »
Dr. Emily Weikum, Medical Writer at SciMentum
- "Allosteric Modulation of Nuclear Receptor Function"
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Dr. Christopher A. Baker, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- "Microfluidics and Nanoscale biosensors: small analytical tools to enable large biological insights”
Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - View event on Facebook »
Dr. Olaseni Sode, University of Tampa
- "Exploring the electronic and vibrational structure of condensed phase CO2 with ab initio methods"
Tuesday, January 30, 2018
- Dr. Nadine Kabengi, Georgia State University