Engaged Owl Leaders
What is the Engaged Owl Leaders Program?
Do you want to grow yourself personally and develop leadership skills?Engaged Owl Leaders (EOL) is a semester-long experience designed for first and second year students interested in personal growth and leadership development. The program introduces you to leadership through meaningful discussions, activities, community service, and a retreat.
What are some advantages of being an Engaged Owl Leader participant?
There are many advantages of being an Engaged Owl Leader. Some advantages include:
• Develop valuable leadership skills
• Build friendships with other students
• Learn about yourself and the KSU & Kennesaw community
• Leave a legacy at KSU
What does the time commitment look like for this program?
Commitment and engagement throughout the semester is critical in order to have an enriching experience. Therefore, it is required that participants attend ALL 11 weeks for the full 2-hour time period AND attend the retreat. (The 11 weeks includes a kick-off, retreat and community service project.)
Four sessions will be offered during the Fall 2017 semester:
- Mondays 5:00-7:00 pm (Kennesaw Campus)
- Tuesdays 3:30-5:30 pm (Kennesaw Campus)
- Wednesdays 3:30-5:30 pm (Kennesaw Campus)
- Thursdays 3:30-5:30 pm (Marietta Campus)
Participants will be assigned a day (either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday) and will remain with the same group throughout the entire semester. EOL will begin in September and will conclude in November.
Engaged Owl Leaders - Coordinators
EOL Coordinators 16-17
What is the role of an EOL Coordinator?As one of the CSL's Advanced Leadership positions, EOL coordinators play a vital role in creating a welcoming and inclusive community where EOL participants feel comfortable and confident in developing their individual leadership skills in a group setting. Coordinators serve as mentors and role models for participants and facilitate weekly sessions on a variety of leadership topics.
What specifically is an EOL Coordinator responsible for?
The goals of the Engaged Owl Leaders Program are to assist participants in developing a personal philosophy of leadership, increasing self-awareness, and leaving a positive legacy at KSU. Coordinators will be assigned a specific day and time that their EOL session will take place.
- Serve as a mentor, with other student coordinators, for a group of approximately 20 students.
- Plan and facilitate weekly sessions with co-coordinators, including a kick-off and overnight retreat.
- Attend weekly planning meetings with co-coordinators and advisor.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with all coordinators and advisor.
- Attend an overnight, weekend retreat in the fall and spring semesters.
- Attend all coordinator training sessions.
- Serve as a positive role model in and outside the EOL sessions by acting in a respectful and ethical manner.
- Manage time effectively by showing up on time and being present during all training sessions and EOL group sessions.
- Communicate regularly with advisor and co-coordinators.
How do I apply for the EOL Coordinator role?
Applications for EOL Coordinators are included in the Advanced Leader application process which will open Spring 2018.
Recommendation forms should also be submitted for the EOL Coordinator positions.
Join Today!By joining the Engaged Owl Leaders family, you are making a commitment to becoming a better leader and role model for the KSU community. By the time the program ends, you will feel more comfortable and confident in leading your peers inside and outside of the classroom and make lasting friendships along the way.
Fall 2017 SessionsFour sessions will be offered during the Fall 2017 semester:
Mondays 5:00-7:00 pm (Kennesaw Campus)
Tuesdays 3:30-5:30 pm (Kennesaw Campus)
Wednesdays 3:30-5:30 pm (Kennesaw Campus)
Thursdays 3:30-5:30 pm (Marietta Campus)