Coles Research Highlights
Coles Research Highlights
This webpage is designed to share research accomplishments by Coles College faculty during the academic year. This includes Coles College of Business annual research publication -- “Coles Research Magazine”.
Academic year 2016-17
Coles Research Magazine
This magazine includes brief summaries of the outstanding research projects (both published and ongoing) by Coles College of Business research faculty. It also includes work they are involved with in their capacity as DBA student dissertation committee chairs and members.
Listed below are recipients of research awards instituted by Coles College such as Distinguished Scholarship Award, Best Publication Award, Best Working Paper Award, Coles College Collaboration Award, to name a few.
Distinguished Scholarship Award
- Divesh Sharma
Best Publication Award
- Dana R. Hermanson, Richard Clune and James Tompkins for their paper, "The Nominating Committee Process: A Qualitative Examination of Board Independence and Formalization" published in Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Rongbing Huang for his paper, "Private Equity Firms' Reputational Concerns and the Cost of Debt Financing" published in Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
- Kamal Fatehi for his paper, "Mindscapes and Individual Heterogeneity Within and between Cultures" published in Journal of Business Research.
Coles College Collaboration Award
- Jomon A. Paul & Leo MacDonald
KSU Collaboration Award
- Herb Mattord
- Maria Kalamas
Business Engagement Award
- Joseph Astrachan and Torsten Pieper for their project titled “Ernst & Young (EY) - KSU Global Family Business Survey”.
- Michael Serkedakis for his project titled “Solving the Mystery of Social Media for Small Business Ventures”.
Coles Working Paper Awards
- Canan Mutlu for her paper “Agency Theory and Corporate Governance in China: A Meta-analysis”, Coles Working Paper Series, FALL16-10, November 2016.
- Jennifer Schafer and Brad Schafer for their paper “Interpersonal Affect, Accountability and Experience in Auditor Fraud Risk Judgments and the Processing of Fraud Cues”, Coles Working Paper Series, SPRING17-04, March 2017.
- Minjiao Zhang for her paper “Multiechelon Lot Sizing with Intermediate Demands and Production Capacity”, Coles Working Paper Series, FALL16-02, November 2016.
- Sunay Mutlu for his paper “Analysts’ Revenue Forecasts and Discretionary Revenues”, Coles Working Paper Series, FALL16-13, November 2016.
- Zhaoguo Zhan for his paper “Robust Inference in Fuzzy Regression Discontinuity with Multiple Forcing Variables”, Coles Working Paper Series, FALL16-08, November 2016.
Coles Working Paper Series Best Reviewer Award
- Xiao Huang
Learn more about our Coles College Working Paper Series.
Attend A Seminar Series
Hear faculty discuss ongoing research in various fields.
Explore our Research
Our faculty lead innovative research across fields.