The Internal Audit Center at Coles College of Business helps undergraduate students, graduate students, and working auditors prepare to contribute to organizations with integrity, accuracy, and intelligence.
If you are pursuing or plan to pursue a BBA in accounting with a focus on internal auditing at the Coles College of Business, you should contact Dr. Richard Clune to plan your individual program. This can include experiential education opportunities in internal auditing with metro-Atlanta companies.
To prepare for internal auditing, consider these courses:
- ACCT 3300 - Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT 4150 - Auditing and Assurance
- ACCT 4152 - Internal Auditing
- ACCT 4350 - Accounting Systems Audit and Control
- ACCT 4550 - Accounting Data Analytics
- ACCT 4800 - Fraud and Forensic Accounting
Cooperative Study and Internships for Business Majors
If you’re a business major with appropriate standing and GPA, as well as the approval of the coordinator of cooperative education/internships (KSU Career Services), you may pursue a supervised cooperative work experience program for a minimum of two semesters at a site in business, industry, or government. You may earn credit toward the business elective portion of your BBA.
If you’re a junior or senior business major (with appropriate GPA and the approval of the coordinator of cooperative education/internships), you might also consider a one-semester internship with a previously approved business firm, private agency, or government agency (not your current employer). The course will integrate your academic studies with your experience through a research paper and is graded on an S/U basis. Internship credits count in the business electives area of your BBA.
If you are interested in pursuing internal audit education at the graduate level, apply for the School of Accountancy Master of Accounting Program at Coles College of Business. If accepted to the KSU MAcc program, choose the Advisory Specialization, which includes the following courses:
- ACCT 8120 - Transaction Processing and Controls
- ACCT 8400 - Seminar in Auditing
- ACCT 8410 - Seminar in Internal Auditing
- ACCT 8420 - Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination
- ACCT 8430 - Fraudulent Financial Reporting and Corporate Governance
- ACCT 8610 - Advanced Systems and Control for Risk Advisors
- ACCT 8620 - Advanced Analytics for Risk Advisors