Internships and Jobs
Are you looking to gain some expreience in your field? Do you want to gain course credit or even get paid to work? An internship/co-op is exactly what you’re looking for!
What made you decide to work in a co-op? Taurus CarsonWhat made me decide to work in a co-op was the fact that i could gain work experience in my major. I didn’t want to be the student that got a degree in something and then found out that i didn’t like it once i started my first job. What also made me decide to work in a Co-op because it gives an competitive advantage after graduation because you can put the co-op on your resume.
Why should other students also consider a co-op? Other students should consider a Co-op position for the experience. They will know exactly what to expect upon graduation and also applicable to higher positions because they have experience on their resume. Also the pay is great for students that do co-op.
- Taurus Carson, Shaw Industries Co-Op
What made you decide to work in a co-op? Test my current knowledge at corporate level and figure out if I want to major in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
Why should other students also consider a co-op? Learn where you stand in the field of study; Discover and understand various job functionalities to help you choose a career path; Increase professional connections through networking opportunities; There is a potential for conversion; Lastly, you will be paid to learn something new!
- Albert Lim
Burnt Hickory Baptist Church is seeking a Network Associate
The Network Associate is a part-time position that reports to the Director of IT.
- Keep the server and all client computers current with the latest updates.
- Provide technical support to staff to include adding/deleting user accounts, troubleshooting errors/problems, and managing user rights.
- Network and support peripheral devices such as wireless access points and printers.
- Administer the church's virus protection and web filtering policies. Troubleshoot/resolve problems resulting from viruses, spyware, etc.
- Configure new computers and rebuild/reformat some older computers every three years or as needed.
- Perform routine tape backups and ensure a backup tape is kept offsite weekly.
- Assist with technical administration of the website as needed.
- Assist with administration of the phone and voice mail system as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Business Administrator.
Email resumes to Morgan Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Travelport is seeking an HRTS Analyst I
Travelport is a Travel Commerce Platform providing distribution, technology, payment, mobile and other solutions for the global travel and tourism industry. With a presence in approximately 180 countries, over 3,700 employees, and an additional 1,200 employees at IGT Solutions Private Ltd who provide us with application development services, our 2016 net revenue was over $2.35 billion. Travelport is comprised of:
• A Travel Commerce Platform through which it facilitates travel commerce by connecting the world’s leading travel providers with online and offline travel buyers in a proprietary business-to-business (B2B) travel marketplace. Travelport has a leadership position in airline merchandising, hotel content and rate distribution, mobile travel commerce and a pioneering B2B payment solution that addresses the needs of travel intermediaries to efficiently and securely settle travel transactions.
• Technology Services through which it provides critical IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, departure control and other solutions, enabling them to focus on their core business competencies and reduce costs.
HRTS Analyst I
• Working with databases and HR systems in functional role with regard to configurations, enhancements and customizations
• Working with developers to customize reports, feeds, which would go to other systems
• Driving systems in a unique way
• The knowledge you gain from HR processes is phenomenal and is a great way to learn various HR functions
• A degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or related degree
• 0-2 years of experience in database
• Knowledge of and experience using SQL, Excel
• Analytical thinker
• Understanding of functions and formulas in database tables at a more functional level
• Experience in configuring a system or module and/or adding fields
• Creative, ability to think outside of the box and drive efficiencies for the business
• Good written and verbal communication across all levels
Please send resume and cover letters to Allison.Carter@travelport.com
Tech Square Labs InternshipTech Square Labs is a growing company looking for some strategic programming talent to design and develop new feature and integrations as their business grows. Email: Contact@TechConnectHub.com for more information.
HPCC Systems Platforms Team Internship 2018
The application period for 2018 internships with the HPCC Systems platform team is now open. We would be delighted to receive applications from KSU students to work on projects which make a real difference to the HPCC System open source project and community.
Application is by project proposal submission. We have a wide range of available projects suitable for students across all levels of study from high school to PhD.
The internship lasts for 12 weeks starting early June and ending in the middle of August, although we can be flexible about these dates. Final proposals must be sent to me by the deadline date (see below). We have provided an example of what we like to see and some proposal preparation instructions.
There is a post on our community forum with some additional information. More information about the program and projects completed by students in previous years is also available on our student wiki and there is a blog you can read describing the application process and intern experience.
The deadline date for proposals is April 6th, 2018. We do make early offers to students who submit an excellent proposal we know we want to accept before the deadline date.
Summer 2018 Internship Opportunity - First Data (begins in October)Apply & recieve more information, here.
InComm EPIC Internships Open
InComm currently intern positions to fill in IT, Trade Marketing/Accounting, and Accounting. Students can apply online at our career site. EPIC interns work 20 hours per week/Year Round. This is not a summer internship nor a co-op.
- Business Analysis
- System Analysis
- IT Tracking resources; hardware, software and licenses
- Prioritization activities
- Testing software, processes and procedures
- Analysis & documentation of processes, procedures, features & functions of InComm platforms
- Developing presentations
- Students entering their sophomore year through graduate school are eligible
- Student works a minimum of 20 hours per week year round
- 2.75 GPA and above
Anthem, Inc. Information Technology Performance Management Intern
The Information Technology Performance Management Intern will have the opportunity to work alongside our IT Performance Management team and learn the many facets of data collection/data warehouse support and reporting. They will have a passion for metrics which will afford them the opportunity to contribute their Tableau/SAP Business Objects knowledge and create/modify/maintain a variety of dashboards utilized throughout the Anthem organization. This body of work will impact a wide audience.
We are looking for an individual that enjoys learning new tools, working with data and performing analysis. Leveraging their superb communication skills, the Intern will work in a highly collaborative environment that works toward aggressive timelines while maintaining quality. Interested in being innovative and learning new techniques? This could be the internship for you!
If interested, contact :
Monica O’Neal, SHRM - SCP
Anthem, Inc –Program Manager
HPCC Systems Internship Program 2017
The deadline is April 22. All details are at the link below.
LexisNexis HPCC Summer Internship 2017Deadline to apply April 3rd!
Brickhouse Resources Talent builders: Emerging Talent Program
Brickhouse Resources is a boutique staffing firm specializing in providing a fresh solution for companies searching for IT Talent. The Talent Builder program addresses the IT Talent Shortage and an Aging Workforce by providing access to a fully formed Campus Recruiting solution for companies without one or for companies that need to supplement an existing program.
We are currently seeking candidates interested in paid internships in the Atlanta area.
Interns should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Current student or recent graduate in a graduate or undergraduate program with a strong academic standing
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently
- Desire to gain professional experience; eager to learn
- Exhibit initiative, motivation, and drive
We are seeking candidates from the following Majors:
- Computer Science
- Data Analysis
- Information Technology
In addition to competitive pay, Brickhouse provides workforce preparation training and mentorship. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Data Science for Social Good summer internship program at Georgia Tech
This 10 week program offers a $5000 stipend. Students will work in teams on research projects with faculty members and external partners.
Students can apply at: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/8739
You can see past projects at the link below. Many majors are welcome — CS, engineering, math, statistics, urban planning, ...
Send student questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interface - Technical Business Analyst Intern
Original date of issue/approval: October 10, 2016
Position title: Technical Business Analyst Internship
Email resume to: BusinessAnalyticsTeam@interface.com
Department: Business Analytics
Reports to: William Cole
Employment type: Internship
Location: Interface Brickworks Office
1000 Marietta St NW Atlanta, GA
The Technical Business Analyst is responsible for transforming business requirements into state-of-art business intelligence solutions. This includes designing and hands on development of applications from start to finish. They will be responsible for creating and/or improving our existing leasing Business Intelligence platform, from data structures, dashboards, ETL (Extract Transform Load), reports as well as ensuring the delivery of quality solutions. Must be able to excel in a small, collaborative, and dynamic environment.
Preferably pursuing a degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Marketing, Industrial Engineering, Design, or other related curriculum.
Skills and experience:
● Ability to work and communicate with international divisions of the company
● Excellent customer service skills
● Must have business acumen to understand data problems in context
● Must be able to verify and reconcile data for accuracy and consistency
● Able to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
● Must be able to work independently and within a team and handle sensitive data professionally
● Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and work within deadlines
● Analytical approach to troubleshooting and solving issues
● Strong work ethic, good attitude, highly organized, detailed oriented and team player
● Ability to learn new concepts and apply them to solutions
● Experience in supporting the design and specification of data presentation and knowledge of reporting, analytics, KPIs and trending.
Will Be Required to Know or Learn:
● Proven experience with data analysis, warehousing, and reporting technologies
● Learn to manipulate data out of cubes using pivot tables in Microsoft Excel
● Proven ability to write, tune, and execute complex T-SQL queries
● Proven ability to write, tune, and execute complex DAX queries
● Research and seek out new data sources
● Verify the data integrity and viability of new data sources
● Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis
● Maintain housekeeping
● Comply with safety rules
● Comply with environmental regulations
● Be aware of departmental Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
● Willingness to learn and understand Interface's commitment to sustainability
● Perform other duties as assigned
Lifting up to 35 lbs
Travel is estimated at 20%
Merge VR - Unity Developer Posisiton
● Build virtual reality and augmented reality apps using Unity and C#.
● Research and implement new and innovative ways of using mobile for VR and AR.
● Collaborate with artists and designers to help develop new features, and contribute
original ideas towards all aspects of production and development.
● Produce production-quality code.
● Keep up to date with the technological developments and advancements in VR and AR.
● Extensive knowledge of Unity, C#, and performance optimizations.
● Mobile Development Experience on iOS / Android
● Recent experience building Unity apps.
● Superb debugging skills.
● Knowledge of version control.
● Interest and experience in most aspects of game technology development.
● A passion for learning new technologies.
● Knowledge of user-centric design, A/B testing.
● 1+ years’ work experience outside of college.
● Cool and fun to work with.
● Integrate with social networking, gaming services, and back-end servers.
● Experience with VR, AR.
● SDK/API development
● Published games on the Appstore
● The opportunity to be on the ground floor of something great, where you’ll have an active
role in creating a product that will reach millions of people.
● Potential for promotion and growth as the company grows.
About Merge Labs
Merge is creating innovative new products that enable virtual and augmented reality technology
to seamlessly find it’s way into homes around the world.
To apply, send an email with resume and link to online portfolio/code/art samples/games to
jobs@mergeVR.com. Please specify job title in the subject line.
Front-End Web/Hybrid Developer - Advanced Industrial Solutions (Job)
Requisition # 42279BR
Business – Stanley Black & Decker - US - Engineered Fastening - CribMaster
Title - Front-End Web/Hybrid Developer - Advanced Industrial Solutions
City – Marietta, GA
CribMaster™, part of Stanley Black & Decker’s Engineered Fastening division, is aimed at connecting assets and developing the solutions that drive productivity and efficiency for industrial end users across the globe. The combination of critical real time data, integrated enterprise (ERP) or manufacturing (MES) systems and powerful analytics enables a foundation to create the smart factory and workplace of the future – delivering value through Internet of Things (IoT).
CribMaster™, provides inventory control solutions through advanced software, innovative vending hardware, Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) and customer services to manufacturing, distribution, government and service industries for managing indirect inventory (tools, spare parts, MRO, etc). CribMaster (http://www.cribmaster.com/) ties fast and reliable tool crib or store room transactions to a powerful system of inventory control. The system provides critical data to manage consumable and durable inventory, reduce the risk for lost or misplaced tools, and provide critical data to business leaders to reduce risk of tools being lost or left behind, reduce costs and increase productivity.
Primary responsibilities include the development and ongoing maintenance for high availability web-based content delivery applications developed in .NET. Applications include stand-alone web services and customer inventory management systems. The developer will work on a variety of different projects and should be able to provide new ideas that work within our current systems.
Essential Job Functions:
Provides assistance to design, program and execute simple test plans
Modifies or upgrades applications to maintain software functionality
Assists in gathering information to determine architecture specifications, parameters for software compatibility, application security needs and other application architecture requirements
Responsible for the design, development, unit testing, and documentation of highly scalable client/server application systems
Troubleshoot and resolve application issues accurately and within a timely manner
Develop and maintain custom applications and work within existing package applications to address business functional needs
Maintain the appropriate level of communications with customers, management, and development team
Essential Skills & Experience:
Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Web User Interface (UI) development skills (Java Script, CSS, HTML5)
1+ years in ASP.Net, C# MVC, Razor software development
Preferred Skills & Experience:
SASS (SCSS), LESS
Cross-platform development experience
Experience with TypeScript
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, retirement savings, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity. Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law
Hi-Rez Paid Intership 2017
Hi Rez Studios is one of the premiere video gaming companies in Atlanta.! These SPRING/SUMMER VIDEO-GAMING paid internships in Alpharetta require 40 hours per week. Hi-Rez Studios is looking for SMITE or Paladins-loving Interns to work at their studio in Alpharetta, Georgia. The deadline for all application material is February 28, 2017 with specifics on their website www.hirezstudios.com. Click on “Careers” and then scroll down to “Interns”
There are approximately 20 video gaming Internships available for Paladins and SMITE, including Art, Programming, QA, Design, and Video Editing. Generally a 3.5 GPA is required. KSU has 10 graduates currently employed at Hi-Rez. They frequently have hired Ga Tech and SCAD students as Interns, so let’s show them how wonderful KSU students are for these Internships!
There is a lot of homework for each of these Internships, so start now and get your material in early. These are great opportunities, and we know that generally 65% of paid internships result in full-time job offers.
To get the latest information and tips on successful application, please contact Deby Glidden, consultant to KSU, at email@example.com, who helped develop this relationship with Hi-Rez.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many credit hours is the internship course?
The internship course is 3 credit hours.
How many times can I take the internship course? once
You can take the intership course once.
Do I have to pay for these credit hours?Yes.
Can the internship course take the place of Capstone?No.
Does my degree allow me to get credit?
Undergraduate – can only be used for a free elective
Graduate – can be used for CS 7995
Can only be used for free elective
Undergraduate - Can be used toward your concentration elective or a free elective
Graduate – Can used for an elective
Undergraduate – Can be used toward your upper level elective (must meet departmental guidelines to qualify)
Graduate – Can be used toward your elective (must meet departmental guidelines to qualify)
What is my deadline to apply?
You must have an approved and signed learning agreement submitted one week prior to the 1st day of classes for the semester in which you will be doing the internship.
*Note: after your agreement has been filled out by your supervisor and signed, then it must be submitted to the Internship coordinator for approval as well takes on average 48-72 hrs. Upon approval, you will be given instructions to submit an override to register for the course and that can also take up to a week to process. The earlier you submit the better you are.
Who do I talk to and what is the process?
You can first contact the CCSE Internship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information for internships for credit. For non-credit internships or co-ops, contact Career Planning and Development.
Once you decide you would like to do an internship, you must find the internship. Career Planning and Development has numerous available and your CCSE Internship Coordinator may also be able to help. You should also attend the CCSE Internship Networking Event every Fall (September) and Spring (March). Career Planning and Development also has Career Fairs in the fall and spring.
Once you accept an offer for the internship, work with your supervisor to complete your learning agreement. You and your work supervisor should sign and date the agreement. Also obtain a current job description for your internship.
Scan and Submit via email the signed learning agreement, along with a current job description, to the CCSE Internship Coordinator for approval – you will either be approved or asked for more information and/or changes, assuming you qualify for credit.
Once approved, you will be given an override to register for the course.
Register for the course, pay your tuition and start your internship.
During your internship you will submit bi-weekly status reports of your work; will also be asked to submit an evaluation from your supervisor during midterm and at end of the term. You will be required to submit a final report (outline in the syllabus for the course) and poster. Graduate students will be required to submit an additional extensive paper relating the internship to specific courses they have taken during their academic career.
How many hours do I have to work to qualify?150+ during the semester
International Students and CPT
Can work 40 hrs a week during summer if and only if it is not their final semester and they are not graduating in the summer term.
If it is your final semester and/or you are graduating in summer, they can only work 20 hrs a week.
All international students work a maximum of 20 hrs a week during fall and spring semesters.
All work is counted toward these hours, both on and off campus, paid and unpaid. (so, if you are approved for 40 hrs internship in summer and you also want to work as a GRA, you won't be able to GRA unless you cut your internship hours -- it is a total of 40 hrs of all your work hours)