Vision and Mission
The College of Architecture and Construction Management has a focus on the built environment. The College brings together two distinct disciplines and pedagogical cultures that are intertwined in practice and have much to share in learning and research. Kennesaw State University is classified as a Comprehensive University by the Georgia Board of Regents and the College of Architecture and Construction Management supports both teaching and research as defined by the Board.
Our mission is to provide excellence in education in the disciplines of architecture, urban design and construction management affecting the built environment and to provide a well-qualified resource of graduates to service the needs of our region, state, nation and, in fact, a global society.
We produce graduates who are critical thinkers, socially responsible, diverse, and ready to meet challenges. Our graduates truly epitomize the “hit the ground running” description employers routinely assign to our graduates.
Our vision includes:
- Nourish humankind aspirations through the acquisition of skills and knowledge of our students, faculty and staff to enable the highest degree of professionalism and leadership in the decision-making roles relative to the built environment. This is achieved through a balanced synthesis of Architecture and Construction Management.
- Foster a culture of collaboration with disciplines affecting the built environment.
- Expand curricular offerings to service the growing aspirations and needs of society.
- Graduate students with continued relevant educational excellence.
- Service to the community through engagement with professional organizations, industry, and public and private agencies.
- Promoting an awareness of architecture, urbanism, construction, and best-practices of construction management.