Oops! You don't have Javascript enabled. Some features on this site might not work correctly.

Budget FAQs

  • Complete a Budget Department Request Form, which is accessed via the menu where you select OFM Quick Links>Most Accessed>Forms.

  • You need to complete a Budget Amendment Form for personal services anytime you have a position/employee receive a reclassification, equity increase, supplemental pay or when a position will be funded from another department/source. Additionally, you need to submit a Budget Amendment Form anytime you need to permanently or temporarily transfer funds from student assistants, temporary staff, travel, and/or operating or equipment within or across departments. The Budget Amendment Form is accessed via the menu where you select OFM Quick Links>Most Accessed>Forms.

  • The Budget Amendement Form is accessed via the menu where you select OFM Quick Links>Most Accessed>Forms.
  • Effective September 17, 2008

    Faculty Vacancy Lag
    The savings from vacant faculty positions remains within the department's budget and can be redirected through the submission of a budget amendment signed by the department manager.

    Staff Vacancy Lag
    Due to state budget constraints and the need to use vacancy lag to fund institutional needs, the following procedure was implemented:

    Vacancy lag on staff positions will be redirected monthly from the department to an institutional contingency account. Department managers may request to have funds returned to the department by submitting a budget amendment and supporting justification to the Office of Budget and Planning (OBP). The OBP will forward the request to the appropriate Vice President for approval:

    • Requests from Academic Affairs to the Provost
    • Requests from non-Academic Departments to the VP Operations

    If approved by the Provost or VP for Operations then the final approval will be required from the President.

  • No, not if the individual is a staff employee paid by state funds. Vacation payout is expensed to the department and funding will be provided or amended into your budget by OBP based on information received from Human Resources. Vacation payout for revenue generating units or for a faculty employee must be funded by the department. 
  • On the menu, select OBP Quick Links>Calendar to locate the budget admendment deadlines. Please check this page regularly for frequent updates.
  • The OBP reviews HireTouch requests for new positions, reclassifications and refills of vacant positions. In doing so, we are verifying that funding is available, the funding source is correct, the position number is correct or the department has identified funding and a new position needs to be created. OBP reviews PAFs to determine that funding exists for the action. OBP only reviews PAFs for permanent and temporary staff positions. 
  • Guidelines and procedures for establishing a new course or an elective fee can be accessed accessed via the left-hand menu where you select OFM Quick Links>Most Accessed>Forms.
  • Forms for establishing a new department or project can can be accessed accessed via the left-hand menu where you select OFM Quick Links>Most Accessed>Forms.
  • Budget expenditure and other financial reporting is available in SAS®. KSU SAS® financial reporting is a collaborative development supported by OBP and Enterprise Information Management and Institutional Research (EIM&IR).
  • Complete the KSU Financial Reporting Data Warehouse User Account Request and the KSU Data and Information Confidentiality Agreement forms to obtain access to the SAS® system, following the instructions on the forms. You can also find additional information and access links on the Enterprise Information Management Virtual Information Center site
  • To access SAS®:
    • Go to campus.kennesaw.edu and select Virtual Information Center (VIC).
    • Select Log on to Enterprise Reports.
    • Enter your NetID and password. You are now in the SAS® Portal.
    • Select Financial on the left-hand side of the screen, where you will then find the Comprehensive Financial Report (CFR) for Managers. The CFR contains several different reports in order to best deliver the information you need.
  • On the SAS® Documentation page of this website. You can also find EIM&IR SAS® Training Materials and FAQs on the EIM&IR Virtual Information Center website.
  • If you have questions or need help navigating through SAS®, a number of training sessions (both beginner and advanced) are offered throughout the year. To locate and register for scheduled courses, login to the Center for University Learning OwlTrain with your KSU NetID and search for SAS® training.

Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.