Exhibits and Programs
October 7th, 2013 - June 20th, 2014
This exhibition celebrates the first half century of Kennesaw State University. The institution's growth from a local junior college to a nationally regarded comprehensive University in fifty years is astounding. Much of the credit for this development must go to the individuals who have served Kennesaw in myriad capacities over the years: administrators, staff, faculty, and students who personify the “Kennesaw Spirit:” This exhibit is dedicated to those individuals who have paved the way for Kennesaw's next fifty years and beyond.
Curated by the Department of Museums, Archives, and Rare Books.
With special thanks to:
- Dr. Thomas Scott, Professor of History (emeritus) and Campus Historian
- Chris Ward, Campus Webmaster, Amos Williams, III, Enterprise Systems and Services and the University Webmasters
- Jennifer Leifheit-Little, Michael Leitmann and Audio-Visual Technology Services
- Ellen Jones, Samantha Helgesen, and University Development
- Suzy Millwood and the KSU Retiree Association
- Caryn Young, Lisa Duke, and the KSU Alumni Association
- David Arnold, Tammy DeMel, and University Relations
- Finally, we would like to thank Dr. Daniel S. Papp (President of Kennesaw State University) and Dr. Randy Hinds (Vice President for Operations, CIO & CBO) for their support of the project.