Dual Enrollment Program
Dual Enrollment Program (DEP) – Dual Enrollment provides an opportunity for high school juniors and seniors to get a head start on college. Students take college classes in lieu of high school classes and earn both high school and college credit simultaneously. This program is designed for academically accelerated students and can also be referred to as Dual Enrollment.
Application Timeline and Deadlines for Fall 2018 – Summer 2019 School Year
The application for the Dual Enrollment Program is open. All required documents, transcripts (high school and/or college) or home educated portfolio, and test scores must be submitted by the following deadlines for admissions consideration. No exceptions to our admissions standards or deadline dates will be considered. Please allow ample time for receipt and processing of all documents and test scores. Processing time of applicants varies based on the number of applicants and the time of year.
Priority Deadline: January 19, 2018
Completing an application for admission by the priority deadline guarantees priority registration for college classes. Priority registration is a great benefit to students that wish to tailor their class schedules with high school or extracurricular activities.
Final Deadline: March 16, 2018
Please note the last test we will accept for our March deadline is the February ACT.
DUAL ENROLLMENT ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3.0 GPA as recalculated by KSU, in courses used to satisfy the 17 College-Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) requirements in English, Mathematics, Natural Science, Social Science and Foreign Language (see Staying on Course link below)
Old SAT (taken prior to March 2016)
1100 SAT (Critical Reading and Math scores combined)
SAT Critical Reading score no lower than 530
SAT Math score no lower than 530
New SAT (taken March 2016 or later)
SAT Reading test score no lower than 29
SAT Math section score no lower than 560
Minimum SAT Total Score:
All redesigned SAT scores (taken March 2016 or later) will be converted to the pre-March 2016 SAT equivalent. The total score requirement for the Dual Enrollment Program is based on the converted scores:
Test Component – Redesigned SAT taken
March 2016 or laterMinimum ScoreTest Component –
SAT taken prior to March 2016Minimum Score
Reading Test Score29=Critical Reading Section Score530
Math Section Score560=Math Section Score530
Total ScoreAt least 1170-------->CR + M1100
ACTComposite score of 24
ACT English subscore no lower than 23
ACT Math subscore no lower than 22
All students must begin the program starting in the fall semester.
Students must have completed high school curricular requirements to be classified as a junior or senior by the first day of Kennesaw State’s fall semester and they must also be on track to complete a College Preparatory Diploma according to the Georgia Department of Education.
Students must be 15 years of age or older by the first day of Kennesaw State’s fall semester.
Students that are at least the age of 15 but under the age of 16 by the first day of class must submit the Dual Enrollment Program Acknowledgement Form for Minors. Please find the PDF of the form in the Application Checklist section below.
- Home-school applicants must apply by submitting a portfolio.
1. Please fill out the following form to receive application instructions.
2. After receiving application instructions, please fill out your online application.
3. Submit an official copy of your high school transcript electronically or in a sealed envelope. Home educated students must submit a Home Educated Applicant Portfolio. Please do not submit personal achievement awards or pictures, as no documents will be returned.
4. Submit official SAT or ACT scores electronically from the testing agency.
- SAT I or II Tests:
KSU's Institutional Code for the College Board is 5359.
- ACT Tests:
Kennesaw State's Institutional Code for the ACT is 0833.
5. Submit official transcripts from all colleges, universities or schools attended (if applicable).
6. Check your application status online.
Download the DEP Application Checklist.
To-Do after acceptance to the program:
- Students that are at least the age of 15 but under the age of 16 by the first day of class must submit the Dual Enrollment Program Acknowledgement Form for Minors.
- Please provide proof of lawful presence prior to enrollment.
- Prior to enrolling in courses you must provide proof of immunization as required by the University System of Georgia. Please see http://immunizations.kennesaw.edu/ for further information.
- SAT I or II Tests:
Official transcripts from high schools or colleges must be sent directly from the institution to:
Kennesaw State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Attn: Jordan Stevenson, Senior Associate Director of Admissions
3391 Town Point Drive, MD 9111
Kennesaw, GA 30144
All questions during the admissions process can be directed to:
Senior Associate Director of Admissions
Admitted students with questions about DEP orientation, advising, course selection, funding, and registration may contact:
Please go to the Dual Enrollment Program for more information.
Please visit the GAFutures website for more information about the state supported Dual Enrollment Program.