During 2016-17, our primary agenda items are:
1. Working with the Faculty Senate, Department Faculty Councils, and College Faculty Councils to ensure that the processes and procedures associated to shared governance at KSU are adequately enforced and supported
2. Advocating that KSU conform to AAUP and Georgia BOR policies, both in letter and in spirit, regarding presidential searches
3. Facilitating continued campus consolidation in culture, norms, and shared governance
Upcoming business meetings this year are:
1) 11 am, Thursday, February 9, 2017, Social Sciences 3033
2) April 5, time and place TBA
NOTE: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with suggested agenda items
Chapter Bylaws and Officers
The Kennesaw State chapter of the AAUP is governed by bylaws that have been registered with and approved by the national organization.
The full membership of the chapter meets at least twice per academic year.
The elected officers of chapter are the president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer. Officers' terms are two years. The last election was held during Spring Semester 2016 so current officers will serve until August 1, 2018.
Between meetings of the full chapter the business of the chapter is conducted by an executive committee that consists of elected officers of the chapter, the immediate past president, and additional members selected by the current officers to assure that all colleges are represented. At present the Executive Committee consists of:
Andrew L. Pieper, Ph. D., Associate Professor of Political Science
Jennifer Purcell, M.P.A., Ed.D., Assistant Professor of Leadership Studies
Meg Dillon, Ph. D., Professor of Mathematics
Heather Pincock, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Conflict Management
Dr. Timothy Hedeen, Associate Professor of Conflict Management
Dr. Tom Keene, Professor of History
Dr. Ulf Zimmermann, Professor of Public Administration
Other Past Officers
Vice President Dr. Ken White, Associate Professor of Political Science and Criminal Justice
Treasurer Dr. LeeAnn Lands, Associate Professor of History